What are the DPreview writers drinking when they write this? Locked

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
tvgc Forum Member • Posts: 64
Re: What are the DPreview writers drinking when they write this crap?

Shockwave wrote:

ken224 wrote:

Calm down. You do not really think that every write-up on this site is totally unbiased. This is not an in-depth review, more like an infomercial. Surely you are old enough to make your own choices and will understand that someone has to fund these pages

It would also help to keep in mind that everything you read is written by people and we all have different priorities and taste...

Sorry, that's no excuse. If their bias is so bad, they need to adjust their journalistic mix to reflect the market.

I think to assume DPR is "Journalism" (capital J) is likely not a good starting point. Making money at Journalism is getting more and more difficult and that applies to DPR. I think the writers/reviewers at DPREVIEW do the best they can and the rest is up to the reader.

I got permanently banned once (I was an original DPR member) that after expressing my opinion and at that point realized they are bunch of kids having a blast - not Journalists.

Cheers, Terry

tvgc's gear list:tvgc's gear list
Leica Q Fujifilm X100F Sony RX10 IV Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow