What to expect from Nikon firmware updates?

Started 5 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sroni21 Forum Member • Posts: 64
What to expect from Nikon firmware updates?

I have recently begun to take my photography/videography hobby more seriously, and in doing so purchased the Nikon d850...

I suppose long time owners of Nikons professional level dslr's could answer this best, Im curious what to expect in the future in terms of fireware updates... I myself havent noticed any bugs/issues that need patching. Does Nikon use fireware updates to add new features or improve current specs? Like for instance, right now video focus peaking is only possible with basic fps(not slow motion) in 1080p, is the expansion of this across all video modes(4k) a possibility or most likely not?

I guess Im looking at the possibilities from the perspective of a DJI Mavic owner, where DJI is constantly adding new features while playing catchup dealing with old bugs and introducing a slew of new issues.

sroni21's gear list:sroni21's gear list
Nikon D5300 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow