Am I giving up too much to get with Fuji

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
granola1 New Member • Posts: 14
Am I giving up too much to get with Fuji

I've had my heart set on a Fuji X-t20 for a while now. I ruled out other systems, EosM and Sony  Alpha (and I'm not willing to get back into discussing or considering them) which were both in the running early on.  I'm almost decided but it's hard to ignore the value of the E-m10ii which never seriously considered before.

The dilemma is that the cost of the Fuji system will limit me to the 18-55, which is a great lens but I won't be able to afford more for at least a year. I might possibly be able to afford an XC 50-230 but not so soon after purchasing.

On the other hand, there is the E-m10ii with two lenses at just little over half the cost and more in line with my original budget. One is a pancake with terrible IQ but super useful due to it's pocketablity, and the other is the well regarded 40-150 all purpose tele. I could spend the remaining part of the budget (which I did not originally plan for) on two primes or a 12-40 or 12-35 which would match the IQ of the Fuji body and kit as well as provide me with a wider FOV.  I could even sell one or both kit lenses and just get a 12-60 f3.5-5.6 to save money.

I'm wondering if I'm giving up too much in terms of cost and versatility to go with my preferred system which is the Fuji. I'd like to hear from Fuji users if you would give up your 18-55 and whatever body you are using for being able to afford slightly more lenses, wider angles and better reach.
I'm trying not to talk myself out of buying a Fuji kit but it's hard to ignore the versatility of the MFT system.

Fujifilm X-T20 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow