D700 misreproducing teal colors as blue

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
YDiriePhoto New Member • Posts: 4
D700 misreproducing teal colors as blue

I recently received a d700 as my first FX camera in late 2017. (I know its old but that doesnt mean it is useless). Anyway I have been experimenting with the camera while doing street photography and I have been having a couple different issues. Since I couldnt find any info in the forums I thought to ask myself. The first being that whenever there is any color such as teal or emerald in a scene , The camera seems to process this as a blue color in the Raw photo. I used an object with both teal and blue colors on it and you could not distinguish the 2 in the photo. I am not sure if this has to do with a picture control, or white balance setting but I have run control tests with other colors and found them to be accurately represented. The second issue which is much more minor is that there seems to be a yellow cast within the viewfinder that makes everything feel warmer than it actually is. I dont know if this is just a result of aging or if it is intentional but I am finding it hard ti predict my exposure when I forget that scenes are colder than they appear. Any help would be appreciated. Btw I am currently working and saving money for a d850 so my intention for the d700 was to get practice with nikon pro controls and using a full frame camera. That being said i still enjoy the d700 and do not want to simply shelf it. Thank you for your time.

TL;DR I am having issues with color accuracy in the blue-green spectrum and a yellowish viewfinder

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D700 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow