5DSR is way better than I thought Locked

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
ffabrici Contributing Member • Posts: 513
5DSR is way better than I thought

My path has been 5D and 1DmIII, then 5DIII and 7DII and last year I replaced my stolen 5DIII with a 5DIV with the reason that I didn't need 50Mpix.

I recently bought a new 5DSR because the price was €2k and I saw a visible uplift in landscape picture quality when going from 22Mpix to 30Mpix, so I wanted to get 50Mpix. To my eyes 50Mpix adds a bit more 3D pop to landscapes/cityscapes and visibly more details to portrait and group photos compared to 30Mpix.

I'm actually very positively surprised by the 5DSR and I think it deserves more attention and recognition than it currently receives. The DR is somewhere between the 5DIII and 5DIV, and without the annoying 5DIII shadow noise banding, but of course not at all in the same DR league as Nikon D850 or Sony 7rIII.

The 5DSR really shines with primes like the 35L II, 135ART, 300L II and 800L where it delivers incredibly detailed pictures. I have always been missing resolution in my UWA pictures, but with the 5DSR I can't complain any longer - the cropping ability is simply amazing.

Camera shake and focus have to be handled very carefully because the Mpixel monster will really expose your missing skills :-).

I would buy it as my only camera because I often need a more low light capable camera, but it is an awesome addition to a 1DX I/II or 5DIII/IV.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5DS R Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow