Best photography (not video) lens for a6500?

Started Dec 5, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jmeyersnv
jmeyersnv Forum Member • Posts: 68
Best photography (not video) lens for a6500?

Tomorrow, I shall be receiving my a6500 plus two lenses: the 35mm/1.8 and the 18-105mm/4.  Possibly sadder but certainly wiser, I started reading the postings on this forum and reading all the reviews here and elsewhere regarding compatible lenses only after making my purchase.

I always try to avoid buyer's remorse, if possible, by soon thereafter also purchasing what I should have bought in the first place.  In that context, here is my question.  Since video is of little interest to me, which one lens (probably primary) should I purchase in order to be able to employ the lens which will provide the best optical performance (insofar as sharpness, color rendition, distortion, etc.) when shooting still photos?  My only requirements are that (i) I would like it to come from among the E-mount family of Sony or Sony/Zeiss lenses and (ii) I want to be able to enjoy at least some optical stabilization when snapping a picture.

-- hide signature --

J Meyers

jmeyersnv's gear list:jmeyersnv's gear list
Sony RX100 VII Sony a6500 Sony 35mm F1.4 G Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow