Fujifilm vs Leica colors

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
40daystogo Regular Member • Posts: 368
Fujifilm vs Leica colors

My gear journey has been a few Nikon DSLR's - then Leica D-Lux 5 (re-branded Lumix LX 5) - Sony A6000, and now the Fujifilm X-T2.

A few weeks ago, I had occasion to transfer my entire digital photo archive from one computer to another, so I spent many hours re-living the memories going through my photos from start to finish. I found myself drawing a conclusion on the colors of the different gear I'd used.

Nikon, nice, not much objectionable, but rarely ooh's and aah's.

Leica D-Lux 5. Now people sneer at this as merely a Lumix LX 5 with a red dot, but the reports are that Leica tweaked the firmware to make the color more Leica-like. The Leica photos, I found that it was one photo after the other of stunning color, some totally magnificent.

The Sony A6000, colors were dreadful, which is why I left Sony.

Fujifilm X-T2. Really nice colours, but not as gorgeous as Leica.

I wonder if there are any comments from people who've used Leica and Fujifilm who care to comment on Leica vs Fujifilm colors.

No matter how radiant the Leica colors are, I don't have the cash to go for Leica's M series or much of their other cameras. Fujfilm is good enough for me, although I can't get over how captivating the Leica colors are.

Fujifilm X-T2 Leica D-LUX 5 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow