Fujifilm vs Leica colors

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
40daystogo Regular Member • Posts: 369
Fujifilm vs Leica colors

My gear journey has been a few Nikon DSLR's - then Leica D-Lux 5 (re-branded Lumix LX 5) - Sony A6000, and now the Fujifilm X-T2.

A few weeks ago, I had occasion to transfer my entire digital photo archive from one computer to another, so I spent many hours re-living the memories going through my photos from start to finish. I found myself drawing a conclusion on the colors of the different gear I'd used.

Nikon, nice, not much objectionable, but rarely ooh's and aah's.

Leica D-Lux 5. Now people sneer at this as merely a Lumix LX 5 with a red dot, but the reports are that Leica tweaked the firmware to make the color more Leica-like. The Leica photos, I found that it was one photo after the other of stunning color, some totally magnificent.

The Sony A6000, colors were dreadful, which is why I left Sony.

Fujifilm X-T2. Really nice colours, but not as gorgeous as Leica.

I wonder if there are any comments from people who've used Leica and Fujifilm who care to comment on Leica vs Fujifilm colors.

No matter how radiant the Leica colors are, I don't have the cash to go for Leica's M series or much of their other cameras. Fujfilm is good enough for me, although I can't get over how captivating the Leica colors are.

Fujifilm X-T2 Leica D-LUX 5 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow