Pany G7 vs G85 vs G9

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Setter Dog Veteran Member • Posts: 5,574
Pany G7 vs G85 vs G9

Hi Folks,

I'm an old retired guy and, for something fun to do, I use cameras every day on my walks. Having something to do that I enjoy makes the walking,.... which I don't enjoy,... more enjoyable. There's nothing serious about my photography. It's very repetitive but I enjoy the process and my family pretends they enjoy the pictures.

I confess to really enjoying cameras. Good IQ is nice and features are fun to try.

Since many readers of this forum are "Gear heads" and suffer from GAS, i thought it might be fun to give our preferences in cameras and maybe say why?

G7,....What a great camera and now VERY affordable. I just sold mine after several years of great service. Easy to carry on walks with big lenses. When paired with a stabilized Pany lens, the G7 can basically do it all.

G85,....A "better" camera than the G7, with small improvements in several areas. I used   mine interchangeably with the G7. The OIS allows me to use non Pany lenses. It's still light enough to use on long walks with my 100-300mm, and still somewhat affordable. The camera is WR, which is important to some.

G9,....Sure looks like a really GREAT camera. I love the idea of a super EVF and the 6K photo mode, producing 18mp files from the fun 4K/6K photo mode. In my consideration, though, I find the camera to probably be too heavy for long walks, when paired with a lens like the Pany 100-300mm.

I'd be interested in the thoughts of other forum members. If you use Panys, which one and why?

Jack

Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow