x30 pics

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
KLH475 Contributing Member • Posts: 567
Re: Some of My X30 pics

Sactojim wrote:

Wow, love these. Very good shot of the Delta King (I live in Sac) with excellent comp. That HDR looking out the window in Ireland is stunning. What process did you use?

Jim, the only processing I ever do is that first I open the files - almost always out-of-camera-jpegs with the X30 - in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) in Photoshop CS6 (64 bit) and I used the following sliders in ACR to get the max from the image on the sensor (if that's the right way of saying it!);

* Shadows - usually to lift them (reduce them to uncover some of the color/detail they're hiding)

*Contrast - usually very little but almost always some

* Whites - same as contrast

* Vibrance - I find this one, even moved slightly to the right really brings out a bit more of the beautiful colors

* Clarity - a tiny drop sometimes - not all the time

* Saturation - if I ever used it it was to slightly reduce the saturation with the X30

I have never done HDR. In theory I sort of understand what it is and what it entails but never had the time to really give it a go.

I agree with you about that particular image - looking out the window - it blew my mind!

And thanks for the compliment.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow