Need new camera smaller then DSLR

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mackitten Regular Member • Posts: 165
Need new camera smaller then DSLR

So there are probably 400 of these threads but my eyes are stating to bleed.

I'm sure what I am hoping for is not reality but figured Id ask since you all know your stuff.

Have my older canon 60D that does not get too much use anymore but have taken it on vaca with the 50 1.8 (but want a wider prime)

have my 5d Mark III that I love but taking that and my flash and cards purse camera bag etc just for a day out of dinner is too much. I will take it to things like my nephews 1st birthday in a few weeks though

I have a panasonic lumix lx5 that I do like but...

Looking for

-partial to panasonic or canon

-something smaller to take around then my DSLR, that would maybe fit in a purse

-angled screen (think they call this something) want to be able to take video or pictures of self and see what I am taking (I often video myself working out so I can look back and check on form)

-viewfinder a plus

-take a nice family picture inside in a restaurant where there isnt always good light, this is where often I am disappointed (probably 70% my photo skills Ill accept that but)

- perhaps something that has a hotshoe that I can add a little flash

-open to p&S and maybe a mirrorless but never looked at them so lacking knowledge

- and hers the kicker - under $500

am I totally off my rocker or is there something that might fit?

Thanks!!

-- hide signature --

warning: I enjoy photographing my cats

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 60D Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
kli
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow