This Week Through Your Sony APS-C E-mount Camera 11/17/17

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Wayne Jacobsen Regular Member • Posts: 483
Re: snowy fence

It does change when you load it into LR, but not permanently.  I'll explain to the best of my ability, but someone who is a true LR expert might need to correct me.  What you see on the camera LCD screen is a jpg, even if you are shooting raw.  So what you see on the screen has some WB applied to it.  When you import a shot, LR will apply its own WB, according to whatever default you have in LR.  Its normally going to be different than what the camera used.

But you aren't stuck with any default.  In the basic panel of the develop module you can pick another WB:  (1) There are various presents for daylight, shade, overcast, etc.  (2)You can use an eyedropper to click on something white or gray in the shot to set a custom WB.  (3) You can move the WB and tint sliders.

The local adjustment tools allow you to change the WB in selected areas of a shot, and that can be a good technique to add depth to a shot.  Here is an example:

I used the gradient tool to set a cooler WB for the shaded trees in the background.

Have fun!

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow