switching from 5D-III to 6D-II: happy and sad

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Armando J. Rodriguez, Jr. Contributing Member • Posts: 967
SkySpades

SkySpades wrote:

Armando - I am in the same boat as you. I currently have a 5DIII and my 6DII bundle will be arriving today. I plan on testing the 6DII and then deciding which one to keep and which one to sell. I really like the idea of having a flippy screen and DPAF for doing some basic video work, it makes focus racking so much easier. After using the touch flip screen on the 80D, I don't know that I could go back to the old way of focusing with the 5DIII.

I expect image quality to be about the same (especially downsizing the 6DII image to the match the resolution of the 5DIII) and I'm sure I'll miss the joystick, but in all other aspects I expect to really enjoy the 6DII.

SkySpades, I am now testing the 6D2. It's been slow, because this is actually my hobby.

One happy surprise I have had is how well the 6D2 focuses in virtual darkness. If you are used to the touch screen, you will love the 6D2. I actually prefer the manual controls, so I am missing those of the 5D3 (which I already sold).  But as far as image quality (not talking about video now), the 6D2 might be better.

Take care,

Armando

-- hide signature --

'Heavens declare the glory of God,' and I hope my pictures will too.
www.pbase.com/arodri3

Armando J. Rodriguez, Jr.'s gear list:Armando J. Rodriguez, Jr.'s gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow