Recommended film for 35mm Olympus OM1 SLR for general photography?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,362
Recommended film for 35mm Olympus OM1 SLR for general photography?

So I've inherited an Olympus OM1 35mm SLR camera and was wondering what would be good film for general photography (say, landscape, nature (just outdoors stuff--trees, etc, not fast moving wildlife).

I don't plan to do a whole lot of shooting with this camera, but something to play around if and when I get bored of shooting digital or want something else for a change.

I was looking at something like the Kodak Gold 200 film, as 200 seems like a good speed I'm thinking, as 100 or 64 is too slow and 400 is probably too high (although since I really started photography in the digital age, I'm not sure if 400 speed film has any negative impact versus say 200 speed film, other than you can capture faster moving subjects more clearly with 400 speed film vs 200 speed film, but I don't think the idea of noise is much of an issue, as noise is more of a problem with digital devices).

Anyways, just looking for some suggestions for overall good color for general photography/subjects.

(Part of me says that I might need to try a few different rolls to see which brand/type I like because when I was shooting film, which was with a cheaper Olympus point and shoot 35mm camera, I wasn't as concerned with it as I was only maybe 10 years old at the time.

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow