Sigma 16mm or Samyang 12mm or both?

Started Nov 24, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MikeMirror New Member • Posts: 11
Sigma 16mm or Samyang 12mm or both?

Hi everyone

My gear: A6000, 18-105mm Sony , 16-50mm Kit (which I almost never use, even for landscapes)

Style: Walk around a lot , hike , everything fits in my photo backpack

I read a lot of posts about the new release from Sigma 16mm 1.4 and I was looking at the Samyang 12mm MF that everyone seems to enjoy.

Since I'm always looking for lenses/equipment that can handle many situations, my question is if I wait for the Sigma 16mm to reach shops would it also cover the Samyang spectrum of great landscape photos, fantastic astrophotography etc.

Budget is not a concern, nor time(waiting for the release) . What always concerns me is using my gear - I dont want to create waste and I dont have access to a large market to resell and/or return items

No idea how these compare to the 18-105 F/4 on video , but that's another question

tl;dr Would Sigma 16mm 1.4 remove the need for owning Samyang 12mm for landscape/astrophotography/cityscape or are they completely different categories?

thanks a lot

MikeMirror's gear list:MikeMirror's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (Sony) Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow