RX10iv - I just LOVE this camera

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
scottster Junior Member • Posts: 38
RX10iv - I just LOVE this camera

Hi all,

I know that I am preaching to the converted but I am just so impressed by this camera. I was worried about spending £1800 on a camera with a smaller sensor etc, as I was previously shooting with an A77ii with expensive and very HEAVY glass that I had made quite a financial investment in. Would it be as good as everyone says? Would the ergonomics be as good as the A77ii? I couldn't be happier - I am getting so many more 'keepers' from the 10iv. The ergo is not quite as nice as the A77ii but I think a lot of that is just muscle memory etc. but that is just a very minor issue to me.

I went for a walk around where I live (Weston-super-Mare, UK) last Sunday and I have just got around to looking at the photos! Is there nothing this camera can't do? I love the reach, I love the sharpness. Just a few shots from last weekend - The seagull was sitting quite high on a street lamp and I am astounded at the detail being captured. First shot is as shot, the second is a crop on its head. Then the sparrow (I think) was sitting waiting to steal chips from plates - again love the sharpness. Then finally a walk around the old bathing lake - a wide shot, a closeup of the church and finally a view of the causeway.

I just love it. Can you tell If you are on the fence at all about this camera, just go for it - you won't regret it.

Jon

Seagull sitting on a street lamp

Crop of it's head. I think that Capture 1 may have applied a little sharpening to the image but not a great deal

Sparrow ??? waiting for chips to become available

A crop of the above photo

Around the old bathing lake in town

Zoom in on the Church in behind the bathing lake.

And finally the causeway

scottster's gear list:scottster's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow