JPGs SOOC? How do you do it?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Sjak
Sjak Senior Member • Posts: 2,866
Re: JPGs SOOC? How do you do it?

Editing (or not) is a conscious decision you make yourself. Not doing it is always possible, and very simple: just dont do it

If you want to explore the in-cam JPG-possibilities, you could experiment with the in-cam raw-converter. This will help you determine e.g. what film simulation you like for certain situations, what settings such as NR, sharpness, etc.

What I often think is that some people obsess about tiny details that (in my opinion) do not ruin the picture. E.g. how important is a bit more or less shade on the above, imo very sweet, pic?

Personally, I use the Astia most often, and for really colorful (mainly non-portrait) scenes, Velvia.

For certain situations, the B&W (often with one of the colour-filters) or Sepia can work very nicely. But for B&W I also look into PP as Fuji is not really that good in it.

Another consideration to not do systematic pp is that my daytime job already consists of 36 hours a week at a desktop. There's more to life than staring at a screen 

Sjak's gear list:Sjak's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Sigma DP2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Pentax K100D +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow