K1 Top Shell Crack - need sparepart.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kesha
Kesha Veteran Member • Posts: 4,010
K1 Top Shell Crack - need sparepart.

Hi friends, long time not to post in here, I hope you are all well.

Finally, I bought Pentax K1 2 months ago and got FA20-35, they are very good combination for my trip to China.

And.... I dropped my K1 (not a hard drop only from about 20cm-30cm with the strap still in my hand) and it is crack on top the shell, near the left dial, but the camera is fine.

I contacted my local Pentax service, and it is unsure about the part and the service, so if any place that I can buy the top shell part and send it to my local pentax for repair?
Because next 2-3 weeks until January, I will be on my new trip again.

NB: For K1 owner, I recommend to change the Pentax standard strap, it is very slippery and too short to hang in the neck, it was happening to me.
Now, I changed it to Peak Design strap, and it is very good strap but too late, my K1 is broken already.

-- hide signature --

-- Rusma

Kesha's gear list:Kesha's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 200mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +8 more
Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow