G1X MkIII some new samples.

Started Nov 24, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GaryJP
GaryJP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,594
G1X MkIII some new samples.

We've had lousy dull grey weather here, and correspondingly awful light. I also still don't have any more upload space until next month.

Eventually I went out on my running trail, and grabbed a few more images. Not claiming these to be great photos. Just attempts to test the camera wide open, in some cases, and in various lights. They are all straight OOC, because I am so out of practice with Canon's raw processor I think I tend to make things worse rather than better. Looking forward to getting them into Capture One. I see a lot of potential in the raws.

Not sure if embedding them this way allows you to see original size, but you can do so at http://www.pbase.com/garyp/g1x_mkiii

Don't expect to change anyone's preconceptions (do you ever on DPReview?) but I am pretty happy with it so far.

This is wide open. I actually find the edge sharpness pretty good.

Probably a bit of motion blur in this one, but it was just a grab shot in a shop doorway.

-- hide signature --
 GaryJP's gear list:GaryJP's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony RX100 II Canon G1 X II Canon PowerShot G5 X Canon G7 X II +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow