Nikon shooter here ... video + Panasonic question

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rockjano Senior Member • Posts: 2,518
Nikon shooter here ... video + Panasonic question

Hi

Nikon shooter here, D300 and D7200

I have lot's of Nikon and nikon mount Sigma lenses. DX and Full Frame lenses as well.

I would like to make some videos especially theatre in low light and the Nikon bodies are just well ... not the best for video. No stabilisation no good video autofocus etc... and no 4K on my bodies either.

Normal small sensor videocams are also not an option I need something with bigger sensor better sensitivity. I would use them mostly  on tripod with field monitors probably. But sometimes also handheld.

I heard and read a lot of good thing about the Panasonic GX85. Especially that it can use Nikon lenses just manually but it is possible. I know that the EVF is not the best but since I would use it almost only for video it might not be such a big problem. Lack of microphone connection is also no problem I always record sound separately (Zoom recorder)

I read about the simple adapters and also the speed boosters.

Do my lenses have to have aperture rings or can I use the ones without it.

Do somebody here have experiences here with Panasonic GX85 and Nikon lenses in low light??

Thanks a lot

rockjano

rockjano's gear list:rockjano's gear list
Nikon D7200
Nikon D300 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow