Day two... (thus far + daytime samples)

Started Nov 22, 2017 | Discussions thread
MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 13,824
Re: Day two... (thus far + daytime samples)

Lightgreen wrote:

I applied default correction; DPP4 has the ability to "tweak" that distortion to your point, I just left it at default levels like most things as I don't like delving into the weeds of post processing, unless it's a "special" image. That image to your point, correctable in DPP4 or your post processor of choice. I don't see it as a fisheye issue though, I had the same issues with distortion on my former EF 17-40L when pushing it close to the subject. Sometimes the effect is artisitcally pleasing, other times, it's not like this one. I'm just quickly responding this morning, maybe on the other side of thanksgiving I'll go back and tweak.

You missed the point.  My point was Fuji solved the distortion at 24 mm ff equivalent with the 16 f1.4.  That posters images were engaging with that lens, even close up it had correct perspective.  He could shoot in low light.

the wide setting is problematic with close-ups of people

btw, on crop cameras the 18 - 55 stm is very good. Photozone gave it a 4.   17-40 gets an L tag but is a lousy lens.  Even the great 16-35 f4  IS L makes no sense on crop.

This sensor is nice, and the size is nice, and some features are nice, but that lens would put me in a narrower box than I want to be in.  The 24 mm f2.8 had a ray of hope, but now I see too much distortion - I'd be shooting at 35 mm - again, another box

l

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
YWG
MAC
(unknown member)
MAC
(unknown member)
MAC
(unknown member)
MAC
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow