Batis 25–Do you find it ‘worth’ it?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joseph Chuan Regular Member • Posts: 417
Batis 25–Do you find it ‘worth’ it?

Hello Everybody,

Happy Holidays!  I have the opportunity to purchase a preowned Batis 25 and wanted to know what subjects that focal length is good for.  I currently have a A7RII with the 55, Batis 85 and 90 Macro.  I really like the three lenses I have thus far and really appreciate the quality of the Batis.  I love the design of the lens and how it balances, and of course the rendering on my camera.  Anyway, I have the opportunity to purchase a preowned one at a good price ($900) and I just wanted to see if after purchasing one, the owners like using it.

Most of my subjects are portraits of my family—I don’t do a lot of architecture or landscape so I’m not so sure that the focal length is right for me.  Ideally, I would like a 35 which I had before (the 1.4) but did not like the weight of it and thought it was just an OKAY lens so I sold it.  I usually have the camera on a Peak Design capture pro with a pro pad so I like things light.

So the questions are:

1.  Is it an acceptable portrait length?

2.  Are you happy with the quality of the pictures coming from it and would you buy it again?

3.  What other type of subjects can you shoot with it?

Thank you for your comments in advance.

Joe

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow