Sony Help Guide wording *#+*^°v?& (:|)

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kerusker
Kerusker Senior Member • Posts: 1,126
Sony Help Guide wording *#+*^°v?& (:|)

Sorry that I feel encouraged to take your time with my experience with the Sony Help Guide (online or pdf) for the RX10M4 .

Sony terms often are very similar but what's worse, the same term may have different meanings. The latter often is the case in life, but then the meaning can clearly be assingned from context. Most of the time in the Help Guide the context is the same i.e. camera handling and not finance or cooking.

Here is an example:

It's about 'Focus Standard' (page 75):

What does the 'Standard' in 'Focus Standard' mean? From page 75 I conclude: Nothing - it's just a term (but 'Standard' usually has a meaning - that's confusing).

Read the following sentence on p75:

When [Center Lock-on AF] is set to [On] [Center Lock-on AF] is activated by pressing the key.

(The key is the key [Focus Standard] has been assingned to.)

So first [Center Lock-on AF] is a status and when it's on it can be activated!

Actually a procedure with the same name [Center Lock-on AF] is activated.

The procedure is described later with the same term Center Lock-on AF.

What's bad about this is, that writing a post on Sony camera handling is hard to understand because terms are not clear or conflicting.

Nevertheless. I already got a lot of help at this place - Thanks o lot for trying hard.

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

Kerusker's gear list:Kerusker's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Sony RX10 IV Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED
Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow