JPGs SOOC? How do you do it?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hoenemor
Hoenemor Forum Member • Posts: 96
JPGs SOOC? How do you do it?

Hi

this is for all of those fuji-ppl out there actually shooting and using fuji jpgs SOOC. I really want to adopt a workflow where I mainly use fuji SOOC, especially with pics of family and friends. This is because I really do spend enough time in front of a computer, and I am not particularly fond of editing images.

First of all I'm struggeling to manage a reasonable WF. Here I'll find a solution if I manage to find a solution to my second problem, which is even if I really do like the SOOC images I can't help editing all the images some way or another in Photos (I even downloaded Nik Collections which really does not help). And as I am watching my images SOOC I get a bit annoyed as I know there are things that I would do in LR (soon to be C1) such as local adjustments. For instance, see attached image. Nothing special, but a nice pic of my niece. Normally I would do some adjustments, especially bringing up the shadows cast by her nose. This is impossible with photos (and Nik Collections as far as I know). And even if it where possible, it kinda defies the purpose of using jpgs SOOC (I would always shoot RAW+JPGS as I would want access to the raw-file just in case).

So my question to all of those fuji JPG-shooters out there. Do you edit your photos? Or do you just ignore the improvements you could have done and appreciate the extra leisure time?

Hoenemor's gear list:Hoenemor's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow