Considering returning the ZS100

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
phazelag
phazelag Veteran Member • Posts: 3,145
Considering returning the ZS100

I recently got the ZS100 open box and Best Buy for $371. I actually considered the pros and cons of this camera thoroughly for months. The Camera is a fine camera, but it just doesn't fit for me.

The camera performs perfectly. I have owned many Panasonics and this is one of the best as far as quality and performance.

Here is what is not for me.

1. Its really just a day time camera even at the wide end. Yes I can get decent night time shots with it's not ideal. Yes I can get good shots with it, just not ideal.

2 Daytime with the zoom is great with the ZS100 however so is the Panasonic LF1 and 1/3rd the size and weight. In bright daylight my FZ1000 shots are great but they are not infinitely better than the Panasonic LF1 with a similar framed subject. Just more separation and a little more detail.

3. I am spoiled by tilt screens. Having a pocket camera is not as useful for a travel camera when you want to take selfie with your daughter at a place of interest.  I know I will get crap for this comment but its honest.   I use these for my family!

Please tell me where this camera fits in for you.   I just think during the day or night my RX100m3 is more usable most of the time.   
I genuinely like to hear other points of view that I may not be considering.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony RX100 III Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm XQ2 Olympus Tough TG-4 +6 more
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow