Panasonic leica 12-60mm vs Olympus 12-100

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sbu Regular Member • Posts: 162
Panasonic leica 12-60mm vs Olympus 12-100

Please help me choosing:

I need a standard zoom longer than 40 in the tele end. This rules out the oly 12-40 2.8. Fast aperture isn't particular important as I'm gonna use it for portrait shooting in plenty artificial light conditions.

I'm looking at thee options:

1) The oly 12-100 would be my most preffered choice. But it's very pricy in Europe.

2) The Pana-Leica 12-60 2.8-4.0 is available for 60% of the price of they oly and covers the range I definitely must have for the desired application - but obviously the 60-100 range would be nice to have for other applications like travelling.

3) The Pana 14-140 - available for 40% of the price of the Oly. But I will miss the mm in the wide end as I currently have nothing wider than 15 mm and then I 'fear' that I will be disappointed with the results from the lens as I'm currently used to the excellent results from primes like the oly 25 mm and panasonic 15 mm.

Ultimately I can afford all 3 options - but option 1 is going to hurt. Will I regret it if I go for 2 or 3 (and in that case which one)

Thanks a lot,

Steen

sbu's gear list:sbu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
sbu
sbu
sbu
sbu
sbu
sbu
sbu
sbu
sbu
sbu
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow