What retouching software for a beginner.. Mac platform

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Plunder
Plunder Junior Member • Posts: 38
Re: What retouching software for a beginner.. Mac platform

I'm sort of in the same boat.

I've decided to use Apple Photos (incl iCloud Photo Library) and Luminar 2018 in extension mode as my DAM/editor for the moment. It seems to work well enough.

You have to be careful using iCloud photo library/Apple Photos because Apple starts doing weird stuff with embedded JPEG files when you edit RAW from other apps. So it seems like you need to stay entirely within the ecosystem or you might get a bit fragmented and it seems pretty opaque as to what happens behind the scenes.

I intend to investigate shifting to RAW Power on MacOS and iOS once they fix a bug where if you edit RAW on iOS the edit gets successfully sync'd to Photos on the Mac but applied to the embedded JPEG and not the RAW... Real weird but once I see that gets fixed I'll drop some more $$ there too and try it out.

All this because I dislike subscription pricing and I don't like the idea of my iPhone pics in a seperate library to my 'real' pics.

Plunder's gear list:Plunder's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow