Camera and Laptop/Tablet Integration or Onboard Tagging

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
riotwhale New Member • Posts: 1
Camera and Laptop/Tablet Integration or Onboard Tagging

Hello!

Hope that someone might be able to help out here. I do a lot of photography as part of my auditing job and I was wondering if there is a way to tag/manage photos as I take them or shortly after to do some of the following:

• Tag a set or group of photos in a series as being for a given ID number
  • Tag individual photos in a group as being a standard type photo "i.e. View Inside, View Outside"

I currently do all this manually afterwards and its manually intensive.

The other options is to look at a camera that allows me to transfer photos across to a tablet or laptop as I shoot and then I can write software to update EXIF data or rename the files at that point.

I am willing to play in the custom firmware space if that would also work, but coding my own software in firmware is probably at the limits of my abilities.

Does anyone have thoughts on set ups, specific cameras, existing software that could achieve this sort of functionality? I could easily just do it off a camera phone with custom software but my preference is to use SLRs or compact superzooms (I have been using SX60HS at the moment and currently considering a FZ1000).

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow