I just got my D500, what do I need to fire my Canon Flash and Alien Bees off camera?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Briartell New Member • Posts: 6
I just got my D500, what do I need to fire my Canon Flash and Alien Bees off camera?

Hello! Today I received my d500 after being a loyal Canon user for years.  I have been using a Canon 5D, the original, for the last 10 years so the upgrade is incredible.  My only issue is figuring out the least expensive way to get my off camera lights working with this camera,  AND try and spend as little as possible.  I prefer spending my money on the Tamron 70-200 lens so I am budget conscious at the moment.  I have spent a ton of time searching but I can't seem to figure out what I need.

I have the D500, an Alien Bee 800,  and Canon 580 EX II.

I guess I could sell the 580 EX II and buy a Nikon compatible flash. Maybe I am making more complicated for myself.

On a side note, I do own Radio Popper PX Receivers for the AB and the flash, but my transmitter is broken and would need to buy a new one.

I do mostly outdoor portrait photography.

Thank you for your help.

Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow