Faster Lens

Started Nov 22, 2017 | Questions thread
KLH475 Contributing Member • Posts: 846
Re: Faster Lens

Wahrsager wrote:

KLH475 wrote:

Wahrsager wrote:

AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G

I use this lens a lot on my D3300, I have very mixed feelings about it. I bought it used from a photographer whose number I promptly lost. With all the testimonials about how sharp it is I thought it was horrid at first. I fiddled a lot with the settings until I could finally get the sharpness I had read about and even then only if I shoot in raw format, which I now love, and I even have to do some additional sharpening in the raw files. I know you can get different quality of each lens and the one I bought is probably not at the top end.

Re Sigma I just ordered the 17-50 and the 17-70 as a step up from the 18-55 and will report, probably with images, next week when I get it (and will send one back).

Ken

FWIW- I posted this for another forum member.

Thanks Wahrsager, I have read that thread and every single other thread I could find on the 35 f/1.8 and discovered I was not the only complainant regarding the lenses famed sharpness. I can get sharp by making adjustments and the bokeh is fantastic so at this point in time I am not unhappy, especially since I discovered shooting raw and learning to postprocess, I thought the sharpness wouldn't require the extra work is all. Here are some images with that lens shot in raw and adjusted in Capture NX-D and PS6/Adobe Camera Raw.

KLH475's gear list:KLH475's gear list
Nikon D3300 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow