Gold Award for A7R3 from DPReview!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
DavidB2 Regular Member • Posts: 386
Re: Gold Award for A7R3 from DPReview!

SilvanBromide wrote:

OddJobPrime wrote:

Even as an extremely satisfied A9 owner, all I can do is rock back and forth and mumble "I don't need the resolution, I don't need the resolution .... "

I can sympathise, because ever since the α9 was released I have been doing something similar saying "I don't need the 20s burst rate...". Truth is I would also have been loathe to drop from 42.2 to 24.2 mpx as well. But one nearly every other front, the α9 seemed extraordinarily attractive (and still does)!

So much so that I was initially a little disappointed that the top left dial didn't make it to the α7R3. But you can't have everything... ; )

-- hide signature --

Former Canon, Nikon and Pentax user.
Online Gallery:

Frankly the missing top left dial annoys me to. For $3200, they couldn't have left the dial there? Much easier/quicker to set and adjust (and see your current settings), and frees up button/Q menu location space.

That and the missing Smooth Reflections app functionality (just put it right into the firmware, Sony!) bug me.

DavidB2's gear list:DavidB2's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-A1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon D7200 Sony Alpha a7R III +24 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow