The new X-E3 is the Leica CL

Started Nov 21, 2017 | Discussions thread
Charles2 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,366
Re: The new X-E3 is the Leica CL

Yake wrote:

In his post on the new CL, Jonathan Slack has a section titled "Shooting with M lenses" -

He writes that he made detailed comparisons between the Fuji X-T2, the Leica M10, SL and the CL, all using the current Leica 28/2 and 50/1.4, and concludes that "the Fuji images were poor".

Without evidence, his statement is not worth much, because he enthuses about nearly everything Leica sells.

The issues (Leica CL, Leica M, Fuji X's with native and adapted lenes) are sensor size, composition method, focus method, and image quality.

• If sensor size matters, end of discussion.
  • Composition: rangefinder-style framelines are a plus for many of us. Leica M or a Fuji X with OVF/EVF.
  • Focus method: Whichever you find best. I've shot with a Leica M8 and a Bessa film rangefinder, and I prefer magnification on Fuji X's. But CL...
  • Image quality: It is difficult to compare in a way that removes the effect of how you process raw files. The choice of lens matters as much as the camera. I don't know TL/CL lenses, but M lenses are distinctive. Many Fuji lenses are excellent, too; it is a matter of rendering style.
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow