*** Mini-Challenge #484 *** Abstract

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nannyg
nannyg Senior Member • Posts: 1,519
*** Mini-Challenge #484 *** Abstract

"Abstract" in this case refers to images that do not have a readily recognizable subject. A good abstract photo should look interesting because of its color, texture or form, but NOT because of what it actually is. What it actually is should, at the very least, be somewhat obscured, if not unidentify-able.

To satisfy our curiosity, however, please include some information about the origin of this "Abstract" image - what/where it is, etc. As always, I will judge photos based on how interesting I think they would look blown up large and displayed like artwork on my wall.

As a suggestion for those who may not think they have much to offer on this topic; consider getting creative with cropping and processing on some image you might already have, to create a largely "new" image that could fit this challenge. I will have an example of this in the following post.

This MC will end Saturday, December 2, 9:00pm Central Standard Time (USA). This is a bit more than a week away due to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday (USA) possibly interfering with participation.

The general rules are the same as always...

1. Submit a maximum of 3 Entries to win and/or as many Exhibits as you wish.

2. Photos must have been taken by you but can be from any camera, including cell phones, and may have been taken at any time.

3. There are no restrictions on processing or on composite shots - all are acceptable. It's the image that counts, not how it was produced.

4. Please state in the header of your post, or in the comments bar below each image, whether they are "Entry" or "Exhibit". Non-labelled submissions will be assumed to be Exhibits.

5. Please post all images using the "Reply to thread" button below this first post.

6. At the end of this challenge, I will announce First, Second and Third places from the Entries in a separate RESULTS thread, and I may select some other submission, entry or exhibit, for Honorable Mentions.

Grand Prize: The First Place winner becomes the host of the next challenge and has 3 days to begin it. The winner can respond to the challenge setter with a forum post or PM. If that individual doesn't respond in 3 days, or has to decline to serve, the Second Place winner becomes the next host. If that individual declines to serve, the Third Place winner becomes the next host.

7. To begin the next challenge it's easiest to cut and paste the text of this message into your new thread opener and modify it to suit your challenge.

Samples;

A green-space sculpture in the West Village area of Manhattan

Clouds

Weathered wooded decking on an Iceland pier.

Behind a frozen waterfall

Underground, near the "Freedom Tower", NYC

On a plaza in autumn, St. Paul, MN

Atrium, NYU library.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow