E-M1 articulating screen experience

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
JAF_AZ
JAF_AZ Senior Member • Posts: 2,824
+1 on the EM1.2 LCD ...

To the OP: I agree with Rick's comment about one factor with the EM1.2's articulating LCD. I like being able to store the LCD facing inwards as I often are in situations where it is easy to scratch the LCD if I could not store it facing inwards.

I came to the MFT world from Nikon. One of my Nikon bodies was the D500 which has the tilt screen. For me the tilt screen was never much of use for the type of shooting that I do. I shoot mostly wildlife where I am almost constantly looking through the EVF.

The G9's top panel would be of no use to me. I get all of the info I need about the camera's setting through the EVF.

Bottom line: different strokes for different folks. Some prefer the articulating screen. Some hate it. Depends on your type of shooting that you will be doing mostly.

-- hide signature --

Jim F - Prescott, Arizona, USA
https://jamesfarrell.smugmug.com

JAF_AZ's gear list:JAF_AZ's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow