Review of the Canon TS-E 50mm f/2.8L Macro

Started Nov 14, 2017 | Discussions thread
TheBlackGrouse
OP TheBlackGrouse Senior Member • Posts: 2,536
Re: Review of the Canon TS-E 50mm f/2.8L Macro

mmarian wrote:

The front element on the 17mm is delicate piece of optics. I shoot architecture for living and even when moving from a room to room in a house I put the cover on. If the 50mm is as good or better as the 24 and 17mm I will buy it. I sold the 45mm some time ago and it is a gap in my line up of TS-E lenses which need to fill in. I can't wait to put my hands on it and test ( via CPS ) what it can do.

So I'm glad I never bought the 17

Saw that front element and knew, this is nothing for me, I would be really nervous all the time. Besides, had no idea how to attach my Lee filter system. But it's a great lens.

And yes 50 mm is a gap for me too, in a different way. When outside I need something between 35 and 100 mm. First of all, I love the focal length of 45-50 mm, don't know why. And I always wanted a tilt-shift. Carrying two heavy 50 mm lenses was/is no option. Have tried the TS 45, but decided to wait. For years, nothing happened until...

-- hide signature --

TheBlackGrouse
Active Outdoor Photographer

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow