Burnt to a Crisp wrote:

PhotoTeach2 wrote:

Burnt to a Crisp wrote:

Brisn5757 wrote:

Burnt to a Crisp wrote:

PerTulip wrote:

Burnt to a Crisp wrote:

PerTulip wrote:

- Zoom and focal lenght are confused. So, is the question about zoom or focal lengths?

- "Overseas" is too vage. Both the African plains and and crowded cities are overseas.

What does the difference between African plain and a crowded city matter?

For one of them I will be taking a supertele along, for the other not. Not only because of the focal lengths, also because of weight and usability.

I can see why the supertele would be immensely useful for the crowded city. Telephoto "compression" can make for great photos.

But don't you think it would also be useful on the African plain?

You might get distortion in the photos due to hot air when using a zoom in a hot country.

Brian

You're only visiting hot countries?

Remember, even hot countries are cool at night.

I am talking a trip on a space-ship to the "SUN" ... (yeah I know it is "hot" .... so I am going at NIGHT !!!

With your FZ-1000, you can take a trip to the sun while sitting in your living room.

That aside, I'm not surprised to see most people grappling with and agonizing over whether to take a supertele here or there are DSLR users.

Who can blame 'em? Perhaps hauling around those several kilograms of gear on past overseas trips has scarred them for life...

For a P900, Sony RX10, or FZ1000 user, it would be a real non-issue.

What brand of camera is a P900?

Brian

Brisn5757's gear list:Brisn5757's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX70 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 300D +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow