What size zoom did you need for most subjects when traveling overseas

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Brisn5757 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,021
Re: Checking in.....

Guy Parsons wrote:

You so need an umbrella in places like Singapore when you have sudden downpours of rain..

Brian

Yes, Singapore can get a bit wet.

Was there one time wandering in the zoo, and watched the orangutans when a few of them stopped and found old hessian bags and drew them over their heads. Interesting.

And sure enough 5 minutes after that a sudden huge downpour for 10 minutes. Then the sun came out and they went about their usual orangutan business.

So as well as an umbrella pack a friendly orangutan to get early warning of rain.

The biggest hazard in Singapore is coming out from a hotel with a camera that is quite cold, it will be useless for the first few shots as the lens fogs up like crazy.

We did side day trips trips like catch the bus up to Malacca, interesting but absolutely nothing like is was when I first went there in 1972. Then it was a creakingly old trading town, now it is a tarted up painted tourist trap with damn noisy motorbikes going in all directions.

Even Singapore in 1972 was a totally different and interesting place with only one tall building there, the then newly built Mandarin hotel we stayed in on Orchard Road. Lots of old things and buildings to explore. Now it is more or less hugely overdeveloped everywhere, but still can find a few interesting places.

Regards...... Guy

I like the modern look of Sinapore from the photos I've viewed.

I wonder if you put the camera in a sealed plastic bag that it might prevent the lens from fogging up.

Brian

Brisn5757's gear list:Brisn5757's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX70 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 300D +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow