Illumination lighting & Photography/artwork lighting

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
larrys0411 Forum Member • Posts: 74
Illumination lighting & Photography/artwork lighting

Hello,

I have two questions regarding lighting.

The first is:  Generally and/or specifically, what type of lighting is best for illuminating wall hung photography and acrylic paint artwork?

The second is:   I am having quite a bit of difficulty when attempting to photograph wall hung photography and artwork. The scenario would be that I have 'staged' an area with a table, lamp, decorative items on table, etc. The camera and tripod is setup, and will allow me to  take approximately  three photographs (each) of the framed photography or the artwork, without relocating the tripod. * I'm attempting to do this with many framed photographs, as well as many pieces of artwork. My problem seems to be that I am unable to get the lighting 'combination' just right so as to eliminate any glare, awkward shadows, bright spots, low light spots, etc. I continue to try combinations of natural light, incandescent lighting, LED lighting, fluorescent lighting and possibly other sources. I'm frustrated as I just can't seem to get this lighting combination worked out. Lol....and I know it can be done, as I see similar type photographs/images that look very good! Any help, advise, commentary, etc. would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Larry Slemp

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow