I hope Sigma does this

Started Nov 21, 2017 | Discussions thread
MOD Kendall Helmstetter Gelner Forum Pro • Posts: 20,149
They basically have...

Roger wrote:

Greetings

So now that I'm retired I have more time to do what I want, right? Yes I do. Any way I was sitting around talking with a friend the other day (this is what old retired guys do, talk, except for Rick he swims with the fishies) and we were wondering why Sigma hasn't put a viewfinder in the DP series yet?

Sigma makes viewfinders for all of them you can attach to the flash , or a viewfinder that attaches to the rear you can use with the LCD.  I use that; it is excellent.

And maybe a small zoom of "Art" quality?

They do, it's called "pulling out the other DP camera with a longer focal length".

Or maybe 3 DP's with zooms. Something like a DP1xyz with a viewfinder, 17-50 lens, pop up flash, then a DP2xyz with a 50-85 lens and pop up flash.

What you described sounds like it sounds great on paper but would perform really poorly and no-one would buy.  The existing 17-50 which is a pretty large lens, is not nearly as good as the lenses that already come on the DP cameras.  If you shrank it down and put it in a DP camera what would be the point of buying a kind of poorly performing camera you could not change lenses on?  It would be like a modern day x530.

Or ??? and keep it small.

I'd settle for a viewfinder, I'm sure it will come.

Why not use the ones they have?

It's not coming otherwise since there's no more through the lens views and to add a viewfinder in the body means an increase in camera size and expense.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow