K1 mk ii vs K3 mk iii

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Historicity Senior Member • Posts: 1,521
K1 mk ii vs K3 mk iii

This all started when my nephew emailed me they other day to say he was going on vacation in Africa and decided not to take his little Fuji but to get a full-frame Nikon 850.  After a day of investigation, it turned out the Nikon probably wouldn't arrive in time so he bought a Canon 5D Mk IV.  In the course of giving him advice (most of which he didn't accept )  I found myself reconsidering my own future plans; which were to wait and get the next APSC flagship, the camera that supersedes the K3ii.   After reading so much about full-frame cameras in discussions with my nephew -- especially the K1 (since I regularly compared the K1 with what he was saying about the Nikon 850 and the Canon 5D Mk IV) I found myself abandoning my resolve never to buy the K1 because it was too heavy for hiking.  Partly because I've have been doing a lot of weight lifting.  Partly also because I've lost ten pounds recently.  But even more because the more I read about the K1 the better I like it.  It no longer seems too heavy to go hiking with.

But, if I bought a K1 in the near future and then in a month or two Pentax came out with the K3 Mark iii, modified to have all the KP features plus several more, I might regret getting the K1 (I'm not sure I would since I like the K5iis, the K3 and the K3ii as they are, but if the K3 Mark iii were out there right now I might buy it instead of the K1 -- not positive about that, but I might).

Another reason I might regret getting the K1 now is if Pentax came out with a K1 Mark 2 in the near future.

I'm inclined to think that Pentax won't come out with a K3iii in the near future.  It also seems doubtful that they will come out with a K1 Mk ii after so short a time.  Thus, I am inclined to buy a K1 in the next several days, but I have doubts.

Does anyone out there have any insight into the the arrival time of the K3 Mark iii or the K1 Mark ii?

Lawrence

Historicity's gear list:Historicity's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-500 Pentax K20D Olympus E-600 +83 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ogl
ogl
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow