What's wrong with snapshots?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ed B
Ed B Veteran Member • Posts: 8,806
What's wrong with snapshots?

I probably shouldn't say anything because I'm not a long-time contributor to this forum and although I do own a Panasonic camera I don't use it everyday like many of the people here.

Just the same, I think this is a great forum and love seeing pictures taken by people from around the world.

Lately it seems that some people are almost apologetic for posting snapshots of everything from their families to street scenes from the countries where they live or have visited and I think that's a mistake.

I've been a "member" of DPR since January 2002 and one of the most enjoyable things about this site (for me) is seeing pictures of real life, from other countries.

Most of these pictures have to be classified as snapshots and aren't going to win any photography awards, some could use a lot of post processing work and some are bad enough that all the post processing programs available wouldn't turn them into masterpieces  but that's okay.

I still think these pictures are some of the most valuable on these forums.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow