Unsatisfactory - Actually Weird - Support for PC v3.5

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SantaFeBill Senior Member • Posts: 2,580
Unsatisfactory - Actually Weird - Support for PC v3.5

I purchased and installed Perfectly Clear v3.5 as a stand-alone.

Found there was a problem with 16-bit TIFFs created from RAW files and saved from Photo Ninja.

I contacted Athentech support. After an increasingly weird series of e-mails, this was the last one, with the relevant parts of my response:

“let us know if the issue can be reproduced with all the images located on your computer or only that particular one? [My emphasis.]

Surely you jest.
I’ve thousands – at least – of RAW files on my computer. To suggest that I open each one in Photo Ninja and save as a 16-bit TIFF is absurd.

Also, _where_ the file is located on my computer is irrelevant to whether PC can handle it.

Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:08 AM
To: SantaFeBill
Subject: RE: Re: Perfectly Clear Help: Problem Saving - Requested Files

Hi,
Thank you for providing us with the log files.*

Our technical department needs one more piece of information regarding the issue you have reported.
If it is not too much trouble for you, may I kindly ask you to let us know if the issue can be reproduced with all the images located on your computer or only that particular one?
Also, we would like to know where exactly the image you are processing is located on your computer.

*Another weird story, but probably too long and not of enough general interest to unravel here.

PC v3.5 has now been removed from my computer and I've asked for a refund.

Too bad. I could get some interesting results, although so far I think I can come close with Luminar for Windows.

Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow