Which flash for an in-door event (Flash noob)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ErenCam
OP ErenCam Junior Member • Posts: 42
Re: Which flash for an in-door event (Flash noob)

NottsPhoto wrote:

ErenCam wrote:

... just checked your website, fabulous results!

Thanks, years of practice and eventually you get something....😳

sounds to to me like bouncing is gonna be out of the question... so I would just go direct and balance with the ambient light.... don’t forget with event work the people are the stars... so getting nice bright in focus tightish images are the key to success.... and in volume. So shoot loads, keep it simple, have lots of extra batteries.

the only difference between a pro result and a non pro result is that the pro charges.... the Fuji is more than capable of delivering the goods, and in reality ff is not needed for event work, the latest apsc chips are far better than needed.

If you can stretch to the bigger godox, it’s worth it. Add a cheap little bracket and a canon dedicated off camera cable and your good to go.

have fun, keep it simple, shoot loads.. and you’ll get a decent result.

Thank you so much, been a massive help. I'm going to head into the event with the smaller Godox and hopefully switch over to the larger one in the future! Loaded up on batteries and still have a few days to practice so hopefully will go well.

I'll drop an update once the event is done

ErenCam's gear list:ErenCam's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony a6000 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow