D5300 upgrade or not?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tavaszka Forum Member • Posts: 94
D5300 upgrade or not?

I know there has been a lot of debate lately on the D5xxx -> D7xxx upgrade topic. I followed them all but I am still undecided which is the best way for me.

I am not a pro, but I use my camera very often, most probably I progressed a lot since I purchased  my camera. I shot macros, and do attempts for street photography and take of course family and travel photos.  In the near future I plan to purchase a wide angle lens and  in the far future upgrade to the D7xxx line. But since reading all the debates on the D7200 I have the strong feeling that first I should go for the upgrade.  I don't know how long this model will be available and haven't read about plans for "replacement" in the future.  My reasons for the upgrade are: better viewfinder (I wear glasses and sometimes the D5300s feels too tiny), weather sealing, better control over settings, possibly fine tuning.  Is the AF noticeably better?

Is it worth upgrading now, or  wait for the replacement?

Tavaszka's gear list:Tavaszka's gear list
Nikon D5300 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5300 Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow