X-Pro2 vs X-T2 'today'

Started Nov 21, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Optimus Prime Lens Contributing Member • Posts: 671
X-Pro2 vs X-T2 'today'

Hi, I'm wondering about how the above cameras stack up against each other today. All the reviews I've found are from the 'start' and don't take into consideration the benefits, or lack of, the subsequent firmware updates. I also found this an issue researching the X-Pro1.

With the two cameras how do they stack up against each other in terms of AF speed etc. They have the same sensor so many aspects 'should' be the same. I know the X-T2 has greater fps, especially with a grip the Pro2 doesn't have. 4K video was left off the Pro 2 but was expected to get it in an update. Not sure if this has happened yet.

I prefer the form factor of the Pro over the T, however I thought I'd always need the T for the faster moving objects due to its better AF. However I'm not sure if there is any real difference, today. The difference between Pro1 and T1 are big, but so was the gap between their release. The Pro2 was followed by the T2 quite quickly.

Could the Pro2 be my 'all in one' camera for street, architecture, kids, motor racing, low light, Astro etc? Or, despite the updates, does the T2 outperform it, especially speed?

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow