GM1 to GX850... Any point?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Blanko00 Regular Member • Posts: 243
GM1 to GX850... Any point?

I'm reposting purely because the title was wrong on the last post and it seems I cant edit or delete after 5 minutes, I'm more than happy for a mod to do that. I was using my phone...

I'm thinking of moving on from the GM1 I use all the time, loads of cameras are in contention... You name it, it's on the list, but I want small. The only thing is, I've never really 'bonded' with the GM1, as good as it is, for what it is. But, I'd rather not jump systems, ideally. So I've looked at the GX850 like this: dpreview overview

I'd put the reason for my lack of affection for the GM1 simply down to the lack of manual 'hands on control', just an assignable dial, even better two would've done it. A view finder and I'd be besides myself, but I can live without.

So simply, is there a properly good reason to spring for a GX850 (or whatever they've called it, where ever you live) when I've got the GM1 in my pocket?

I shoot street-ish stuff mostly, use the 14m, mostly, the 12-32 a bit, the 20 a bit.

Cheers for any thoughts, Brandon.

Panasonic GX850 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow