What size zoom did you need for most subjects when traveling overseas

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Brisn5757 Senior Member • Posts: 2,156
Re: What size zoom did you need for most subjects when traveling overseas

Moti wrote:

Brisn5757 wrote:

I started a thread called 3x and 30x zoom camera.

In this thread I'm hoping to find out what zoom lens people on trips overseas and on tours found useful that covered most subjects.

I'm thinking that a 10x zoom should cover most subjects and I'd only need a 30x zoom if I had something at a great distance to photograph and then at 30x the quality may not be that great as there can be distortion due to the hot air.

I welcome your comments thanks.

Overseas is very vague and without specifying the exact destivation and your shooting style, it is not easy to advise. I can just tell you what I would do.

Im shooting M4/3 and when I'm travelling, my ultimate travel lens is 14-150mm (28-300mm equivalent) especially if I want to limit myself to one lens only. This generally covers most of the situations but depending on the destination, I may add a super wide zoom and one or two fast primes for low light conditions.

-- hide signature --

I'm more interested in a lens thats fixed on the camera and not changeable.

I plan in a tour of Great Britain.

Brisn5757's gear list:Brisn5757's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX70 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 300D +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow