Thinking of uprgrade: 7D+70-200 for indoor kid soccer

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
janosikkopac New Member • Posts: 24
Thinking of uprgrade: 7D+70-200 for indoor kid soccer

Hello,

I am currently owning a Canon 7D. My son started playing soccer indoor/outdoor. Especially indoors, the light conditions are quite poor.

I borrowed a canon 70-200 f2.8 IS mk II and have been totally blown away by the pictures I got.

However, in poor light, I have to tune ISO up to 1600 to get reasonable shutter speeds. 7D is quite noisy at this setting, so this is where my question comes:

- is upgrade to newer model worth it? I have tried to compare the test pictures between 7D, 7D mark II and 80D and could see some improvement, however, I am missing some real world experience

- if yes, I read also in DP review here that 80D is better in high-ISO noise reduction than 7D mark II - but 7D m2 shoud have much better autofocus for sports photography

So - is an upgrade really worth it? If yes - to which model? I know about 6D, but the I would need to replace all other lenses and lose the APSC extra reach (70-200 on APSC is exactly the zoom I need)

And second question: I should return the beatiful 70-200 lens and get my own. I can get 70-200f2.8 ISII for approx. 1500EUR and 70-200f2.8 nonIS for approx. 1000EUR. Are these 500EUR extra really worth it if I do not need IS for action photos? Is the IQ really better? And the autofocusing: is it the same?

Thanks for all the ideas in advance.

-- hide signature --

Canon 7d + Canon 10-22 + Tamron 17-50/2.8 + Sigma 30/1.4 + Canon 60/2.8 + Tamron 70-300

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
CD1
S_V
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow