Panny Lens IQ: New kit 12-60 vs 12-35 2.8 II vs Leica 12-60 (a circular thought)

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MrB86 New Member • Posts: 5
Panny Lens IQ: New kit 12-60 vs 12-35 2.8 II vs Leica 12-60 (a circular thought)

I am going insane trying to think of what lens to take with me on a once in a life time trip to Japan that I am desperate to get the best out of photo wise.

I am  not a huge fan of changing lenses whilst wandering around but do have the 20mm 1.7 for low light situations should I need it.

So basically I want a walking around lens to be on there 90 percent of the time.

I have the 12-60mm kit lens which is not bad at all apart from it being variable 3.5-5.6.

I was set on the 12-35 2.98 but I am worried about the range being too short.

The I saw the Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm f/2.8-4  and I though, wow, maybe this is the perfect option?

BUT, having looked at the comparisons, it does not seem like the image quality is much better on the leica than the kit lens and also that the 12-35 isn't much better than the leica, SO, does that mean the 12-35 isn't that much better IQ than the kit lens?

Thoughts?

Thank you

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow