A question for A7Rii owners

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LDunn1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,870
A question for A7Rii owners

I'll get my disclosure out the way first,

I'm a Canon 5d2 owner/user. There were certain things that I hoped for in in the 5d3 that didn't materialise. I then waited patiently for the 5d4 & again it didn't really give me enough of what I was seeking over the 5d2 to prompt an upgrade. So a year ago I started taking a serious interest in the A7R2, & narrowly didn't jump, so highly probably that I'll go for an A7R3. I'm not a troll! honest

As a 5d2 owner, I saw two upgrades of that camera come & go & not really address things I wanted to see improved.
I was just wondering how A7R2 owners view the A7R3. Are there things you were hoping Sony would improve & didn't? Have you decided to skip the A7R3 upgrade & wait for the A7R4 (or A9R, or whatever name you or Sony care to add), if so why?
Not looking for a fight, would just like to gain some insight from Sony owners that maybe in a similar position to the one I've been in with the Canon.

LDunn1's gear list:LDunn1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Sony Alpha a7R III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +8 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow