ND filters

Started Nov 21, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
evan631 Senior Member • Posts: 1,203
ND filters

It's been a while since I posted here, and I thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I have recently been unmotivated (maybe more lazy) to go out a shoot.  However, just last week I was in New York city and did some photography. I decided to throw on a ND filter and got some daytime long exposure shots.  After seeing my results I now have a renewed interest to get back out there and shoot more!

I have a Nikon d7200, and was using my Tokin 11-20 2.8.  I threw on my cheap adjustable ND filter, but was not happy with using it.  Seem to have issues at the max setting, and was not easy to focus with.

Do most cameras have issue focusing with a ND filter?

I was also having issues getting the correct exposure, but after some trial and error, I was able to get it right.  I was having issues trying to figure out how to expose when filter was turned to its max.   Any tips for figuring the correct exposure?

Is there a better ND filter that I should be using?  I don't necessarily think I need the adjustable.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Here are two of my best from the day

Thanks for looking and thanks for your advice!

f/16 2 sec ISO-100

f/22 3 sec ISO-100

-- hide signature --

Evan
------------------------------------
www.evan631.zenfolio.com

Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow